Job Title: Access Services Coordinator
Department: Access Services
Reporting to: Deputy Operations Manager – Access Services
Position Based: London, United Kingdom
Headquartered in London with additional facilities in Amsterdam, Singapore, Sydney, Los Angeles and Tokyo, TVT is a leading content services provider, enriching, transforming and delivering media worldwide. With the recent acquisition of DMC, TVT is a global content services powerhouse.
TVT provides an end-to-end content services and logistics offering from versioning and compliance, through media management, VOD asset creation and delivery, archive and library services, including digitisation and restoration of legacy formats, content aggregation, sales fulfilment, access services production, multi-platform channel playout and distribution.
Purpose of the role
Working to the Access Services Deputy Operations Manager, the Access Services Coordinator supports the Access Services team in ensuring that all subtitling and audio description for the client is delivered to meet or exceed target contracted levels.
• The successful scheduling, allocation and delivery of Access Services jobs.
• Provides information and guidance to the Access Services production teams for subtitling and AD.
• Liaises with customer Scheduling and Operations teams to ensure successful scheduling and delivery of all Access Services jobs.
• Liaises with the Content Operations teams within TVT and the Compliance teams to understand media delivery timescales to support Access Services planning and allocations.
• Liaises with customer Production teams to gather materials for Access Services production.
• Liaises with customer Playout providers to ensure successful scheduling and delivery of all Access Services jobs.
• Helps to ensure that contracted service levels are met or exceeded, and that reporting requirements are fulfilled.
• Escalates issues and problems in a timely manner.
• Supports the investigation and response to customer complaints or enquiries.
• Participates fully in a continuous process of performance improvement.
• Participates in the training of new TVT staff.
• Understands all relevant operational workflows, software and systems, including details of interfaces and handoffs with clients and other third parties.
• Contributes to the Health & Safety and regulatory compliance of the organisation by identifying and correcting or escalating any matters of concern appropriately.
• Ensures Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans are well understood.
• Any other duties that may be required by management from time to time.
Scope and Impact
The role directly interfaces with our clients. The post holder must have high levels of personal integrity and must take personal responsibility for their work. Organised and systematic in approach, with superb attention to detail, they must be able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining a professional manner.
• Reports to the Deputy Operations Manager, Access Services.
• Works closely with the Service Delivery Manager.
• Works closely with TVT technology and development teams.
• Works closely with other internal departments such as Operations, Compliance, Project Management in an operational setting.
• Communicates routinely and professionally with TVT’s clients and suppliers. Resolves issues collaboratively but without further escalation in most cases.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing service delivery role is essential.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and have excellent planning and organisational ability,
• Must be able to communicate effectively internally and externally.
• Must demonstrate good levels of emotional intelligence, collaboration and professionalism.
• Must have a strong commitment to diversity and fairness in the team.
• Must be proactive in tackling difficult issues and in identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Knowledge and understanding of the UK Access Services industry is desirable. Knowledge and understanding of the global TV and Media industry is desirable.
• Communication – strong written and verbal skills to work effectively and diplomatically with contacts at all levels including clients, colleagues, regulators and viewers
• Problem solving – able to simplify complex problems and to explore/evaluate them systematically. Analyses and solves problems alone or with others as appropriate.
• Planning and organising – able to think ahead proactively, to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritise and plan activities with excellent attention to detail, taking into account all the relevant issues and factors to manage time effectively.
• Working under pressure – able to maintain attention to detail, multi-task and deliver to a tight transmission/publication deadline. Works productively in high a pressure environment and keeps emotions under control. Learns from setbacks
• Managing relationships – to build and maintain effective working relationships. Work with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively. Self-aware and sensitive to impact on others. Persuades and influences colleagues and customers at all levels
• Customer focus – passionate about delivering excellence and motivating internal departments to focus on customer needs and priorities. Commercially aware.
• Leadership – Creates shared understanding through transparency, trains and develops direct reports and colleagues from other departments, empowers others with knowledge and delegating responsibility, treats others with respect, recognises politically or commercially sensitive situations and acts appropriately
• Accountability – Takes ownership and responsibility, makes tough decisions impartially, exponent of best policy and practise and ensures confidentiality of data, content and information are preserved.
Hours of work
A 35-hours per week shift-based role, working across a rota pattern which operates 365 days a year, which includes roughly one weekend in every four and a high proportion of evening shifts.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com