Job Title: Audio & Subtitle QC Operators / Verifiers
Reporting to: Head of Localisation
Position Based: Working from home (freelance)
Native speakers of the following languages:
Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English SDH, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Romanian etc.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for experienced linguists who will be responsible for the quality control of both subtitles and audio dubs on behalf of a well-known streaming service. It will be the post holder’s responsibility to ensure that the client’s viewers never see badly translated programmes, poorly timed subtitles or sub-standard dubbing.
The post holder will have:
• Native speaker level of target language and a solid understanding of spoken English
• A passion for languages and translation quality
• An interest in a wide range of TV shows and movies
• Capacity to work remotely for at least 3 hours during the day and meet deadlines where required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including the ability to report on quality issues
• Organisational, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail
• The ability to adapt to workflow/process changes; resourcefulness when troubleshooting or dealing with technical issues
• The confidence to reach out for support when required and to take personal responsibility for their work
• Experience in any of the following areas: media quality control, audio-visual translation, subtitling would be beneficial
• Prior quality checking / verifying experience necessary
• Freelance position: Remuneration based on the number of files checked in a monthly period.
How to Apply
• For more information, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Audio – Subtitle QC Operator and your native language in the subject line.