Job Title: Compliance Executive
Reporting to: Compliance Manager
Position Based: West London
Headquartered in London with additional facilities in Amsterdam, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo & Los Angeles, TVT Media is a leading content services provider, transforming media worldwide. With the recent acquisition of DMC, TVT Media is a global content services powerhouse.
TVT Media provides major content owners, media companies and studios with innovative, software defined, cloud-based media logistics and distribution services that drive the future of next generation entertainment. Our services span media management, versioning and compliance, access services production, archive restoration & digitization, post production, content aggregation, sales fulfilment, VOD asset creation & delivery and multi-platform channel playout – meshed with extensive distribution on IP, fibre and satellite.
Purpose of the role
Based in West London, TVT’s Compliance team prepares content for broadcast and on-demand services for a numerous channels and multiple clients. This full time post is an important role within a small but expert team.
As a Compliance Executive your role will be to ensure that all programming meets the editorial standards & broadcasting guidelines as outlined by Ofcom and the requirements of specific broadcasters and the countries they broadcast to. You will view and log material, accurately, capturing all required details into our systems. When programmes require re-versioning, you will take a creative approach to maximise the potential of the material.
- Viewing material and designating edits to ensure Ofcom/regulator/broadcaster guidelines and audience expectations are being met.
- Providing guidance to Creative/Branding/Marketing/Production teams at all stages of their production cycle, including reviewing scripts, attending shoots, reviewing rough cuts, and approving final versions of the items.
- Providing feedback to internal or external parties who require Compliance guidance.
- Capturing all required metadata into systems accurately and completely and in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring fast-turnaround or late-delivered content is prioritised and completed accurately and to deadline.
- Communicating any content or technical issues to the relevant parties, and liaising closely with Compliance Managers / Head of Compliance and client managers.
- Drafting responses to viewer/subscriber enquiries and complaints.
- Researching and drafting responses to regulators (e.g. Ofcom).
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of regulator policy and broadcaster guidelines.
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Scope and Impact
The role directly impacts our client’s output. The post holder must have high levels of personal integrity and is required to take a considerable level of personal responsibility for their work. Organised and systematic in approach, with punctilious attention to detail, they must be capable of exercising good judgement in relation to regulatory and editorial matters and be able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Reports to a Compliance Manager in a team led by the Head of Compliance.
- Liaises with other TVT departments such as Editors and Media Managers in an operational setting.
- Communicates routinely and professionally with TVT’s clients and suppliers often acting as a first point of contact.
- Investigates and responds to viewer/subscriber enquires and complaints on behalf of the client.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
- Substantial previous experience in a compliance viewing role.
- Thorough working knowledge of regulator guidelines (including Ofcom, COSTA, ATVOD and ASA in the UK).
- Demonstrable experience of production and post-production workflows.
- Knowledge of our customers’ channels, services and audience viewing patterns.
- Up to date knowledge of editorial, technical, legal and current affairs issues.
- Communication – strong written and verbal skills to work effectively and diplomatically with contacts at all levels including clients, regulators and viewers.
- Problem solving – able to simplify complex problems and to explore/evaluate them systematically.
- Planning and organising – able to think ahead proactively, to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors to manage time effectively.
- Working under pressure – able to maintain attention to detail, multi-task and deliver to a tight transmission/publication deadline. Works productively in high a pressure environment and keeps emotions under control. Learns from setbacks.
- Managing relationships – to build and maintain effective working relationships. Work with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Hours of work
Normally Monday to Friday office hours, but occasional out of hours working as required.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com