- Job Title: Media Checker
- Department: Operations
- Reporting to: Operations Manager
- Employment: Permanent
- Position Based: West London
Headquartered in London with additional facilities in Amsterdam, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo & Los Angeles, TVT Media is a leading content services provider, transforming media worldwide. With the recent acquisition of DMC, TVT Media is a global content services powerhouse.
TVT Media provides major content owners, media companies and studios with innovative, software defined, cloud-based media logistics and distribution services that drive the future of next generation entertainment. Our services span media management, versioning and compliance, access services production, archive restoration & digitization, post production, content aggregation, sales fulfilment, VOD asset creation & delivery and multi-platform channel playout – meshed with extensive distribution on IP, fibre and satellite.
Purpose of the role
The Media Checker role is integral to the accurate delivery of our clients’ content to their transmission Centre. Your eyes and ears are watching and listening for every technical error which is the last check that takes place before a programme is broadcasted. The expectation from our clients for the accurate delivery of content is extremely high; the role of a Media Checker ensures that we fulfil the delivery requirements to our clients and that their expectations are met at all times.
- To quality check all transcoded material before delivery to the external playout centre
- To ensure that all material is accurately logged for pass or fail of the QC process
- Accurate reporting of all programme failures and reasons for QC failure to the Operations Manager
- Input all file information into a number of different systems and databases
- Generation of metadata for playout
- Responding to client requests – implement and check ad breaks completed and that failure to meet the set targets are communicated to the Operations Manager
- Such other duties as the Operations Team may reasonably require from time to tim
Scope and Impact
The role directly impacts our clients’ output. The post holder must have high levels of personal integrity and is required to take a considerable level of personal responsibility for their work. Organised and systematic in approach with punctilious attention to detail.
- Reports to the Operations Manager
- Liaises with other TVT departments such as Coordinators, Compliance, Editors and Media Managers in an operational setting
Experience, knowledge & skills required
- High attention to detail
- Keen interest in TV & Media industry
- High level of computer skills
- Passion, determination and enthusiasm
- Communication – strong written and verbal skills to work effectively and diplomatically.
- Problem solving – able to simplify complex problems and to explore/evaluate them systematically.
- Planning and organising – able to think ahead proactively, to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors to manage time effectively.
- Working under pressure – able to maintain attention to detail, multi-task and deliver to a tight transmission/publication deadline. Works productively in high a pressure environment and keeps emotions under control. Learns from setbacks.
- Managing relationships – to build and maintain effective working relationships. Work with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Hours of work
Normally Monday to Friday office hours, but occasional out of hours working as required.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com