Job Title Media Coordinator
Reporting to Lead Media Coordinator
Employment Full time, Permanent Contract
Position Based West London, United Kingdom
Headquartered in London with additional facilities in Amsterdam, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo & Los Angeles, TVT Media is a leading content services provider, transforming media worldwide. With the recent acquisition of DMC, TVT Media is a global content services powerhouse.
TVT Media provides major content owners, media companies and studios with innovative, software defined, cloud-based media logistics and distribution services that drive the future of next generation entertainment. Our services span media management, versioning and compliance, access services production, archive restoration & digitization, post production, content aggregation, sales fulfillment, VOD asset creation & delivery and multi-platform channel playout – meshed with extensive distribution on IP, fibre and satellite.
Purpose of the role
The role of a Media Coordinator is to ensure the smooth running of media workflows using our ContentSelect platform, from receipt of the work order and media through all stages to delivery, managing exceptions, keeping the customer and third parties up to date and responding to enquiries, requests and changes.
Reporting to the Lead Media Coordinator, the role forms part of a team working on a high value contract for a major UK broadcaster and content sales distributor.
Candidates must be well organised, able to manage their time and priorities effectively, and be a professional and effective communicator. The role will require a hands-on approach, complete understanding of the entire workflow, including other departments’ work, and familiarity with the customer’s channels, content, priorities with ability to troubleshoot if needed.
The Media Coordinator is the primary point of contact day to day enquires, and the ability to build excellent relationships in a highly demanding and fast paced industry is vital. The role must manage exceptions and expectations, troubleshoot and quickly identify and carry out any necessary actions to meet or exceed agreed service levels.
• To liaise with distributors to source, order & chase material.
• To accurately catalogue, record and track material on TVT Media’s in-house database (ContentSelect), generating reports as necessary.
• To understand all stages of workflow and be able to accurately and concisely respond to queries to TVT Media’s clients and third parties, representing TVT Media in a professional way and with excellent communication skills.
• To prioritise orders and workload effectively with a full awareness of the client’s priorities, especially regarding conflicting priorities and complex sets of deadlines.
• To communicate with internal teams effectively, ensuring all exceptions are handled efficiently and that all parties have complete clarity where the standard workflows are not being followed.
• To maintain oversight of high value or very late/short timescale jobs, ensuring proper focus at every stage, communication is clear and concise and that any risks are identified and escalated appropriately and in a timely fashion.
• To maintain detailed records in ContentSelect to ensure reporting is accurate and complete and all media records and workflow statuses are up to date and complete
• To record any non-standard requests or additional work performed together with any authorisations to allow correct and complete billing.
• To prepare and present factual reports using data from ContentSelect to effectively communicate TVT Media’s performance against contracted metrics, highlighting variances and exceptions in an open and compelling way.
• To ensure all content and data security procedures are followed at all times to ensure the confidentiality of our customers’ content. To escalate immediately according to TVT Media procedures should any risk or exception be identified.
• To ensure detailed handovers to colleagues and staff working out of hours are prepared and communicated, together with all relevant contact details.
• Where physical media (tapes or hard drives) are occasionally employed, to maintain well organised physical libraries, adhering to health & safety procedures including those for lifting and handling and for the storage of physical tape. To receipt and despatch physical deliveries as required.
• To deliver demonstrations and basic training for staff and customers on TVT Media’s ContentSelect software platform.
• Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require, for example acting up to cover holiday for the Lead Media Coordinator or assisting Media Coordinators on other customer contracts.
Scope and Impact
The role directly impacts our client’s output. The post holder must have high levels of personal integrity and is required to take a considerable level of personal responsibility for their work. Organised and systematic in approach, with punctilious attention to detail, candidates must be capable of exercising good judgement and be able to work effectively and calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
● Reports to the Lead Media Coordinator in a team working on one customer’s business.
● Liaises with internal departments at all levels in an operational setting.
● Communicates routinely and professionally with TVT’s clients and suppliers often acting as a first point of contact.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
● Previous experience in a media coordination role (or media management/media operations role) within a media or broadcast environment is essential.
● Experience of working in a business to business customer facing role within the media or broadcast industry is essential.
● Demonstrable ability to work with software systems and databases (as a user) is essential.
● Experience of working with software workflow orchestration tools is desirable.
● Experience of working with media asset management tools is desirable.
● Knowledge of the processes of ingest, compliance, editing, transcoding, production of access services and delivery of media is desirable.
● Knowledge of the DPP (Digital Production Partnership) standards and practices is desirable.
● A strong interest in television, media and changes in the way consumers consume content is desirable.
● Communication – strong written and verbal skills to work effectively and diplomatically with contacts at all levels including clients
● Problem solving – able to simplify complex problems and to explore/evaluate them systematically.
● Planning and organising – able to think ahead proactively, to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors to manage time effectively.
● Working under pressure – able to maintain attention to detail, multi-task and deliver to a tight transmission/delivery deadline. Works productively in high a pressure environment and keeps emotions under control. Learns from setbacks.
● Managing relationships – to build and maintain effective working relationships. Work with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Hours of work
The working pattern is based on 8-hour shifts. Coordinators cover weekdays 8am to 8pm and weekends 9.30am to 5.30pm. Some occasional working outside of these hours may be required to respond to customer requirements.
If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to send across your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.