Job Title: Service Specialist (Transcode)
Reporting to: Lead Service Specialist
Employment: Fixed Term Contract
Position Based: London, United Kingdom
Purpose of the role
Service Specialists work across all our customers including broadcasters, producers and OTT/VoD platforms in the UK and globally.
The Service Specialist (Transcode) provides expertise with Telestream Vantage configurations, as well as advising on wider workflow-related matters. Working as part of the Platform Onboard Team, you will be crucial in setting up incoming source and outgoing fulfilment requirements on behalf of TVT’s customers. You will implement and document key functionality to enable the seamless orchestration of inbound and outbound material for our end to end workflows.
The Service Specialist (Transcode) is responsible for the fast, efficient, accurate and professional set up of profiles and workflows in Telestream Vantage and other systems, meeting or exceeding quality standards and contracted service levels. TVT Media aims to get it right first time, on time, every time and onboarding is essential in delivering excellence.
Onboarding is achieved using our proprietary ContentSelect platform and a range of industry standard systems to perform tasks including; receipt via secure accelerated file transfer (or collection from public cloud or data centre), quarantine/virus check, checksum & specification verification, automated analysis/quality check, standards conversion, transcoding (including low resolution browse copy creation), metadata generation or aggregation, watermarking, writing to archive, packaging and secure delivery to one or multiple locations. Telestream Vantage is a key element of this technology stack.
• Subject matter expert on Telestream Vantage, playing the lead role in configuration of the platform as part of the overall onboarding function.
• Interpret technical specifications and translate these into settings in TVT Media systems.
• Configure profiles and workflows in Vantage according to best practise.
• Ensure that all sources and destinations are onboarded, signed off and documented accurately, meeting deadlines according to client requirements.
• Record and organise client standard specifications and ensure they can be readily applied to any new inbound or outbound onboard.
• Accept, analyse and report on test files from new endpoints and generate test files. Understand parameters for video, audio and metadata elements and readily identify any reasons for non-acceptance of test files. Immediately rectify rejected outbound test files and send a new test file, documenting changes with clear version control. Report in detail on rejected inbound test files, providing clear details to allow the sender to remedy.
• Swiftly and carefully process high value or very late/short timescale onboarding jobs, ensuring proper focus and that any risks are identified and escalated appropriately and in a timely fashion, offering alternatives where practical.
• Keep up to date with software changes, working closely with technology and support teams to ensure any updates are carefully tested and evaluated against current configurations before being submitted to the change board for rollout.
• Provide training to colleagues on the Vantage platform, creating and updating user guides, standard operating procedures and documenting interfaces with other systems (particularly our ContentSelect orchestration platform).
• Ensure that any systems workflows are correctly documented and properly tested and integrated with ContentSelect workflow.
• Assist operations colleagues with any queries, fault reports and resolutions which relate to onboarding.
• Respond to changing priorities from customers or other departments as required.
• Create detailed records of sources and destinations, specifications and workflows to ensure reporting is accurate and data records are reliable.
• Maintain regular housekeeping and operational testing of all relevant systems, according to current standard operating procedures
• Keep timely and accurate records of all non-standard process work undertaken in TVT systems to facilitate reporting and billing to the customer.
• Set up ContentBacklot users, credentials, permissions and validation rules.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, customers and third parties at all levels, focussing on teamwork and supporting others. To demonstrate excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence with others.
• Ensure content and data security measures are always followed to ensure data protection adherence. Escalate immediately according to TVT Media procedures should any risk or exception be identified.
• Such other related duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Scope and Impact
The role directly impacts our client’s output and is in direct contact with our customers, producers, platforms and our customers’ customers. The post holder must have high levels of personal integrity, excellent communication skills, the ability to remain professional and diplomatic at all times and is required to be accountable for their work. Organized and systematic in approach, with meticulous attention to detail and the ability work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines on multiple simultaneous tasks.
• Reports to the Lead Service Specialist.
• Part of a small specialist team in the UK, working with wider geographically diverse team.
• Liaises with internal departments at all levels in an operational setting.
• Liaises with customers and third parties constantly, acting as first point of contact during the onboarding process until tested and signed off.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
• Expertise with configuration and operation of Telestream Vantage professional platforms (software, hardware, plugins, integrations and interfaces with other systems). Experience with alternative encoding platforms will be considered for the right candidate.
• Experience of workflow orchestration in a media/television/OTT organization is essential (some training available for candidates with the right experience/qualifications).
• Experience of working with software workflow orchestration tools and media asset management systems is essential.
• Demonstrable knowledge of video & audio file formats and codecs is essential.
• Demonstrable ability to read waveform monitors and audio meters is essential.
• Demonstrable knowledge of common metadata standards is essential.
• Experience of operating/configuring other industry standard video processing tools such as transcoders & standards converters, video servers and archives is essential
• Previous experience in media companies and dealing with confidential, high value broadcast files for transmission deadlines is highly desirable.
• Highly desirable: knowledge of/experience with, DPP (Digital Production Partnership), deliveries to broadcasters and VoD/OTT platforms & CDNs in the UK and globally, (including Sky, TalkTalk, Virgin, BT, Freeview, Netflix, Apple iTunes, Hulu, YouTube etc).
● Technical knowledge – see Experience, Knowledge & Skills section above
● Attention to detail – meticulous attention to detail and performs all tasks accurately, diligently and completely.
● Communication – strong written and verbal skills to work effectively and diplomatically with contacts at all levels including clients and their customers.
● Problem solving – able to simplify complex problems and to evaluate them systematically.
● Planning and organizing – able to think ahead proactively, to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritize and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors to manage time effectively.
● Working under pressure – able to maintain attention to detail, multi-task and deliver to a tight transmission/publication deadline. Works productively in high a pressure environment and keeps emotions under control. Learns from setbacks.
● Managing relationships – to build and maintain effective working relationships. Work with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday office hours with occasional evening or weekend work if required for operational reasons.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com