Job Title: Technology Specialist
Reporting to: Technology Support Lead
Position Based: London, United Kingdom
Headquartered in London with additional facilities in Amsterdam, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo & Los Angeles, TVT Ltd is a leading content services provider, transforming media worldwide. With the recent acquisition of DMC, TVT Ltd is a global content services powerhouse.
TVT Ltd provides major content owners, media companies and studios with innovative, software defined, cloud-based media logistics and distribution services that drive the future of next generation entertainment. Our services span media management, versioning and compliance, access services production, archive restoration & digitization, post production, content aggregation, sales fulfilment, VOD asset creation & delivery and multi-platform channel playout – meshed with extensive distribution on IP, fibre and satellite.
Purpose of the role
As a Technology Specialist you will play a vital role in ensuring the overall success of our business. Reporting to the Technology Support Lead and working directly with other managers as may be required you will be a go-to person for critical issues and projects.
This role is aimed at someone who wants to develop their technical skills and as such we will ensure you get training and support from a combination of other team members and external training which can include working towards industry recognised qualifications from organisations like Cisco, AWS and Microsoft. You will be on the front line and get great exposure to our media operations teams, our customers and partners.
You will work closely with our operational teams to support our clients, handle trouble-shooting and diagnosing, whilst also working with external support providers to resolve larger issues. You will be responsible for the smooth operation of our hybrid cloud media processing, IT and post production systems and be involved in projects for major broadcasters and content owners.
By joining the team you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through working on a variety of different systems and technologies and with a wide variety of stakeholders.
As you will be on the front line from the beginning it is essential you already have some expertise with both Microsoft and Linux based platforms and are comfortable methodically diagnosing problems.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
- Approachable and personable with great communication skills.
- Able to work with people internally and externally.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a team member and equally comfortable working without supervision.
- Strong customer focus.
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Analytical and curious.
- Ability to fault-find, solve technical problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Prepared to take owner ship of and stick with problems until you find a solution.
- Passionate about the media industry.
- Experience with Linux and / or Windows based server environments. – Ideally you will be strong in one of these.
- Familiar with a scripting environment and or software development environment.
- Past exposure to Public and / or Private cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of file-based video processing / transcoding and delivery tools.
- IP networking experience.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Mathematics based degree.
- Experience of technical support in a post-production or a live transmission environment.
- Good commercial awareness and able to understand the impact of your role on the organization.
- Interest in DevOps.
This position is office hours with after-hours call out on a rota basis.
Hours of work
The working pattern is Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.30pm with after-hours call out on a rota basis.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com