- Job Title: Editor (Video Editor)
- Department: Operations
- Reporting to: Lead Editor
- Employment: Permanent
- Position Based: West London
Purpose of the role
Based in West London, TVT Media’s Operations team manages content for broadcast and on-demand services for numerous channels and multiple clients. This full-time post is an important role within a small but expert team.
As an Editor, your role will be to skilfully edit a wide range of material according to detailed instructions logged by our Compliance team, to create new versions for broadcast/on-demand services in the UK and abroad. You will ensure no cut or alteration is missed and upon completing the programme you will accurately capture all required details into our systems. The finished product must be to a high standard and you will ensure all regulatory and technical requirements have been met.
- Editing content to the instructions provided by the Compliance team, using skill and judgement to create a seamless, technically and aesthetically professional result.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of current regulatory requirements, both editorial and technical, and editing content to ensure these are met. This includes requirements for loudness and flash pattern analysis.
- Ensuring all required metadata about the completed material is accurately recorded in TVT’s systems.
- Delivering complete accuracy of all details of the finished content in a timely fashion, for example file names, timecodes, line up, VT clock/slate details.
- Actively managing and prioritising workflows, using TVT’s systems to ensure the most efficient use of resource and timely delivery for our customers.
- Ensuring fast-turnaround work or late-delivered content is properly prioritised and completed accurately to deadline.
- Maintaining up-to-date expertise in file formats, broadcast and on-demand specifications and be able to critically assess the technical quality of content to normal industry standards, either accepting, rejecting or proposing fixes as appropriate
- Communicating any content or technical issues to the relevant parties, and liaising closely with colleagues through to resolution.
- Providing expert advice and feedback on technical matters to TVT and its customers as necessary.
- Working closely with other members of the Operations team including Coordinators, Operations Managers, Engineers and the Compliance team, remaining flexible to deliver excellent results for TVT’s customers.
- Contributing creative and innovative ideas in a proactive way.
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Scope and Impact
The role directly impacts our client’s output. The post holder must have high levels of personal integrity and is required to take a considerable level of personal responsibility for their work. Organised and systematic in approach, with punctilious attention to detail, they must be capable of exercising good judgement in relation to regulatory and editorial matters and be able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Reports to the Lead Editor in a team led by the Operations Manager.
- Liaises with other TVT departments such as Compliance and Media Managers in an operational setting.
- Occasionally communicates professionally with TVT’s clients and suppliers acting as a source of expertise.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- High level of proficiency with industry standard editing tools – Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects in particular.
- Working knowledge of regulator guidelines (including Ofcom, COSTA, ATVOD and ASA in the UK).
- Demonstrable experience of production and post-production workflows and systems.
- Knowledge of our customers’ channels and services.
- Up to date knowledge of editorial, technical, legal and current affairs issues.
- Problem solving – able to simplify complex problems and to explore/evaluate them systematically.
- Planning and organising – able to think ahead proactively, to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors to manage time effectively.
- Working under pressure – able to maintain attention to detail, multi-task and deliver to a tight transmission/publication deadline. Works productively in high a pressure environment and keeps emotions under control. Learns from setbacks.
- Managing relationships – to build and maintain effective working relationships. Work with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Communication – strong written and verbal skills to work effectively and diplomatically with contacts at all levels including colleagues and clients.
Hours of work
Shift pattern across seven days a week, based on an average of 40 hours a week. The current shift pattern is made up of 10 hour shifts with the earliest start being 8am and the latest finish being 8pm. Occasional out of hours working, including occasional overnight working may be required according to customers’ needs.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com